[TowerTalk] Advice for New Shack

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Advice for New Shack
From: wd3q@erols.com (Jennifer Gruber/Eric Rosenberg)
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 09:55:36 -0500
After three years of thinking about it (!), it looks like I'm
finally going to build out a small (8x8) part of my basement for
a shack.

I'm looking for advice on features and other things to add or avoid!

On my list already...
  master kill switch for AC power
  quad boxes instead of duplex ones for the AC service
  telephone and CATV
  no fluorescent lights
  decent amount of windows to see the outside world
  room enough to keep the operating table away from the wall

What I'm looking for is some specific advice on cable routing
and grounding techniques, as the cable entrance point is on the
opposite wall to the operating position.  How do I set up a
single point ground in this instance, since I can't easily run a
ground buss completely around the room (there are doors on the
walls perpendicular to the operating position).

Please email directly, and I'll summarize for those interested.

Thanks in advance and 73,

Eric W3DQ
Washington, DC
wd3q@erols.com