FW: [TowerTalk] antenna for travelling

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: FW: [TowerTalk] antenna for travelling
From: k6ct@pacbell.net (C T MORTON)
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 07:08:30 -0800

-----Original Message-----
From: C T MORTON [mailto:k6ct@pacbell.net]
Sent: Tuesday, October 27, 1998 2:07 PM
To: Towertalk

-----Original Message-----
From: C T MORTON [mailto:k6ct@pacbell.net]
Sent: Tuesday, October 27, 1998 2:02 PM
To: Jurgen Geldhof
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] antenna for travelling

Juegen
I Have great success with the F12 C3. Works very good on 20-15-10 and u can
use ur rig's internal tuner for 17 and 12m.
This antenna breaqks down into 3 6ft sections of boom and fits nicely in a
standard ski bag built for two sets of skiis.  The best part is that the
airlines are used to seeing and handling ski bags so they dont give it a
second thought. I have used them many times hauling antennas to VP2V and FS
for contests.
The double size ski bags also can accomodate the 33 ft "Portapole", which
telescopes down to fit inside the ski bag and usually I can fit in 100 ft of
rg8x also.
You do need at least two people,3 is best, when "man-handling" the C3 into
position.
Good luck with ur choice.
73
Tom