[TowerTalk] Force 12 C3S Experience

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Force 12 C3S Experience
From: jan.fisher@virgin.net (jan.fisher@virgin.net)
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 1998 07:12:34 -0000
I can confirm all Greg has said about the C3S. I put a pair of these up last
year and found the same problem with 10m. I ended up extending the elements
with small pieces of spare tube I had around the shack. After getting the first
to play at the required frequency I had do then copy it to the second.

One other problem I have is the drastic swr changes that occur in windy
conditions. The swr is all over the place on 10 and 15 m when the wind gets
up, this causes major problems with my Alpha 87a which trips constantly
when the wind blows. My next task is to try to add some support to the
elements in the form of spacers to try to maintain equal spacing between them.

Has anyone else overcome this problem ?

With regard to performance the C3S is excellent as a single antenna however
I have never found the pair better than the single top. When switching between
top and the pair I have never been able to see any change to the signals on
TX or RX. These tests have been carried out over a long period on all bands
and conditions.

The beams are fed through a stackmatch with the top at 90ft and lower at
60ft I also have a 402-cd between them at 80ft.

Has anyone any suggestions on how I may get them to play as a stack ?

Jan

G0IVZ