[TowerTalk] Force 12 Balums

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Force 12 Balums
From: n3rr@erols.com (Bill Hider)
Date: Sat, 07 Nov 1998 12:54:38 -0500
Yikes....I thought I'd better add a "*" to Larry's posting.

Be sure you DO NOT USE foam dialectric coax for this purpose.  A
property known as "cold flow" may (and probably will) occur whereby the
foam, upon being exposed to the heat of the sun, will soften and, due to
the tight coiling of the coax, the center conductor will "flow" through
the soft foam and short out to the shield.  Use RG-213 or other non-foam
dialectric coax.

A word to the wise....

de: Bill, N3RR