[TowerTalk] Force 12 Balums

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Force 12 Balums
From: force12@interserv.com (force12@interserv.com)
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 1998 17:58:27 -0800 (PST)
Good evening.

Someone remarked about water in a balun. Had our balun manufacturer here today
and he reminded me that I didn't mention the B-1 baluns are weatherproof. Our's
are placed in a vacuum chamber to evacuate all air and completely fill the
inside with filler material. After oprating at 6Y4A (6Y2A), we actually take
all
the antennas and baluns and place them in the swimming pools for an hour or
two,
maybe longer (with the blessing of the groundskeeper). This helps remove the
salt from everything and adds little to the pools, which are close to the ocean
anyway!

Have a great day & 73,
                Tom Schiller, N6BT
                President, Force 12, Inc.
                        Amateur Antennas, Commercial Towers & Antennas
                P.O. Box 1349 Paso Robles, CA  93447
                Phone: 805.227.1680   FAX 805.227.1684
                Web Site: http://www.QTH.com/force12