[TowerTalk] Power x RG58

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Power x RG58
From: ka4inm@gate.net (Ron Youvan)
Date: Sun, 08 Nov 98 02:22:42 PST
Hi:
snip
The ARRL Antenna Book says that the inexpensive RG58 can easily handle full
legal limit (1500w) on frequencies below 10mhz.
snip
  Did it say that a moderate reflected power would melt it?
Search the internet and books (whatever those are)
for the ratings if someone doesn't supply them here,
but it is not `safe' to use RG-58/U with over about
200 watts, people make mistakes and things change,
only use power levels that your line will handle into
mis-matches.  (I know I didn't answer the question)
BTW RG58/U is rated at 14 watts at 450 MHz, but
Motorola uses with 75 es 100 watt radioes, I don't.

     73  de Ron ka4inm@qsl.net    Best Regards
  VISIT my HAM WEB SITE at: http://www.qsl.net/ka4inm/