[TowerTalk] Stacking question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Stacking question
From: bogus@does.not.exist.com ()
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 1998 10:36:03 EST
Greetings, TowerTalkians --

       Let me pose a general hypothetical question; I'm going to ignore
takeoff angles for the moment (I don't know if this is possible with this
question - sorry).

      Suppose I had two non-LP multi-band yagi antennas that covered 40
through 10M and was interested in contesting. In the overall scheme of things,
is there a stacking distance that would allow the benefits of stacking with a
minimum of compromises? For example, is 50 feet too far on 10M (and 15M?) and
too close for 40M? Intuitively I think it would be better to have the 40-10M
antenna on the top of the tower and drop the 40M from the bottom antenna. This
would probably simplify the whole scenario.

      I don't have and am not fluent with any antenna modelling software so
I'm just trying to get a feeling for this proposed system. Any input greatly
appreciated.

Cheers,   Steve   K7LXC