[TowerTalk] Stacking question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Stacking question
From: n7cl@mmsi.com (Eric Gustafson)
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 14:08:12 -0700

Steve,

I don't know how you'd do it mechanically.  But, as long as we're
speaking hypothetically, you could mount the antennas so that the
spacing increased from front to back.  Some of the wire zig-zag
log periodic antennas were stacked this way.  This maintains the
stacking distance to be nearly optimum for each operating
frequency.  Only a small (usually 3 element) cell of the antenna
is active on any one frequency.

73, Eric  N7CL

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>