[TowerTalk] Measuring Terrain Slope / Elevation

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Measuring Terrain Slope / Elevation
From: DAVED@ctilidar.com (Dave D'Epagnier)
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 09:56:22 -0700
Tom,
get a USGS 7.5 minute topographical map (available at your local map or
outdoor store). A great program to study the effects of terrain if
you're not already using it is TA (K6STI). I input terrain data into
this program for about +/- 5000' from my tower, and get very interesting
results. My 35' tower is effectively over 150' high when my antenna is
pointed in the down hill direction from my steep mountainside QTH. It's
effectively shorter than me when pointed in the uphill direction!

--Dave
AB0GJ