[TowerTalk] C-3S and TS850S ant tuner

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] C-3S and TS850S ant tuner
From: weightdn@bright.net (Mike Rhodes)
Date: Sat, 9 Jan 1999 18:05:54 -0500
I use the C4 and made an interesting observation that may hold true for the
C3 also. Seems that I may have read about this on one of the reflectors
already but just experienced it for myself while listening (i.e. I didn't
get him worked) to ZL9CI on 17 meters. The beam was pointed at Europe (~40
deg) when I heard them so I swung it around to the Pacific (~235 deg) and
they were barely above the noise level. Swung back up to Europe and they
were good copy. Sooo, the C4 at least, plays better off the back on 17M.
Have not tried 12M yet but will give it a shot soon.

73 de
Mike / W8DN