[TowerTalk] Cushcraft X9 SWR

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Cushcraft X9 SWR
From: dlhough@vegas.infi.net (dlhough@vegas.infi.net)
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 09:48:44 -0800
    Got an X7 here so don't know what value these notes might be. X7 and X9's
specs. are for 1 wavelength high. My X7 had 2.1:1 SWR on 20 meters with
marginally
acceptable values on 15 and 10 meters. We double checked the element lengths,
then
did the conversions between the Imperial and Metric units in the manual. Found
some really bad errors. Got in touch with Cushcraft and they just sent me a
newly
printed manual with corrected dimensions.

    We also have a 135 ft. "Vee"  hooked to the tower and notice interaction,
without a doubt we need more separation, but, for 20 meters we need to get it
another 15 feet higher. Nevertheless we did get through the pileup on ZL9CI with
80 watts.

    We always have a good JA path in the evening. JA's always comment on how
good
the pattern is as I rotate from South America toward Japan.

    Hope you might find something useful in this. See our webpage at:

                            http://members.xoom.com/kc7dm/

73
Dave Hough, KC7DM
Las Vegas