[TowerTalk] FCC and Tower Lighting

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] FCC and Tower Lighting
From: GRITelecom@aol.com (GRITelecom@aol.com)
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 12:05:10 EST
In a message dated 1/15/99 11:49:42 AM Eastern Standard Time,
pizzabob@TWLakes.Net writes:

<< One of my amateur friends informed me that some new ruling somewhere makes
 tenants on radio towers equally liable with the owner for lighting/painting
 infractions.  This seems unreasonable, as, for instance, a paging company
 with dozens of sites could hardly be expected to check every tower each
 night for burned out beacons!  (I am required to check my lights once per
 day, according to the FCC registration docs.)

 Anyone able to confirm or deny this, or point me to a good source of info?

 Tnx as always and 73,
 Bob      KK4TD

The owner of the tower is the only one liable now.  Previously all tenants
licensed on the facility we liable but that hasn't been the case for the past
few years.  Nonetheless all our site tenants have demanded "hold harmless"
clauses from any FAA/FCC fines pertaining to the structure written into their
leases.

Gordon
N6IN/2
GRI Telecom, Inc.