[TowerTalk] Inverted Bobtail Curtain

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Inverted Bobtail Curtain
From: n4kg@juno.com (T A RUSSELL)
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 1999 12:53:30 -0600
Dan, et. al.,

When you invert a Bobtail Curtain antenna, you are moving the
HIGH  CURRENT part of the vertical element next to the ground.
The phasing wire will act as ONE radial for the outer elements
and two radials, for the center wire.  NOT  a good ground system.
You would be better off with phased verticals and LOTS of radials,
preferably 30 or more, under each element.

OR,  install the Bobtail as intended, with the phasing wire on TOP.

de  Tom  N4KG

On Fri, 22 Jan 1999 05:29:42 -0800 Dan Weisenburger <kw4t@forestlake.com>
writes:

>Hi gang,
>
>I'm looking for information on the care and feeding (construction) of
>multi-element steerable inverted bobtail curtain.  I have a good piece
>of land with a small lake that also doubles as a
>swamp.  I'm especially looking to operate on 40 meters with a low
>angle
>and some gain and from what I remember about this antenna it would be
>perfect for my needs.
>
>I could use some direction to a good book or articles on the antenna.
>
>Please respond direct to kw4t@forestlake.com since I'm not sure I'm
>reflecting well.
>
>Thanks and 73 from Lake Moneysgone,  Dan,  KW4T
>

>--

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]