[TowerTalk] Tower grounds near Underground Utilities?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tower grounds near Underground Utilities?
From: k2av@qsl.net (Guy Olinger, K2AV)
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 16:36:43 GMT
On Fri, 22 Jan 1999 23:52:13 -0800, Jonathan Kaplan <jonk@jskent.com>
wrote:

>In other words, how much ground is necessary around a ground
>rod to safely dissapate a lightning strike? If someone knows the
>answer, I'd appreciate hearing from you.
>
>Thanks
>Jonathan KO6XS

Understand your frustration. There are two variants of answers here:
technical opinions, not necessarily related to legal issues at your
property, and legal issues which may or may not be easily seen
supported in technical opinions you receive here or elsewhere.

I haven't seen you state that the gas company (and/or local
regulations for gas lines) specified that you do x,y & z to be safe
and conform to local regulations. There's probably nothing anyone can
say on Towertalk that should substitute for this knowledge. If I
missed your statement of this, I apologize.

A modification to the LXC prime directive: Do what the utilities,
local codes and regulations require. If you want to do more, post what
they require, and see if anyone suggests anything more.

73 & best of luck,

Guy.

Guy L. Olinger
k2av@qsl.net