[TowerTalk] greased bolts?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] greased bolts?
From: mgilmer@gnlp.com (Gilmer, Mike)
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 13:15:57 -0500
This appears to have said it all.

It sure seems, with most rotators anyway, we are between a rock and a
hard place (maybe not hard enough, hi).  Aluminum threads are being
pulled on by a steel bolt that seems to require distortion to stay in
place.  Hardened lockwashers that (in order to work) pierce the plating
and allow corrosion.

I guess it's blue loctite, a firm twist and (mercy) at least yearly
inspections.

I think I'm convinced.

Mike N2MG