[TowerTalk] freestanding towers

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] freestanding towers
From: jonk@jskent.com (Jonathan Kaplan)
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 1999 11:22:27 -0800
If you have a particular tower in mind, contact the manufacturer. That is,
exept for Tri-Ex, they won't give you the specs on any tower they don't
make anymore.

Also it would be important to check the local city/town authority for permits/
requirements. That process can easily double the cost of installation. Also
check the geology at the site and have a geologist compare the site's soil
with the manufacturer's assumptions. Any difference in character can
necessitate a redesign of the manufacturer's footing design, which adds more
$$$.

All this I know becuase I'm right in the middle of the processs myself.

73
Jonathan KO6XS