[TowerTalk] Ant switching

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Ant switching
From: n7ml@imt.net (Mike Lamb)
Date: Fri, 05 Feb 1999 21:59:23 +0000
Hello Tom,

I solved the problem by making two patch boxes, each with a plexiglass
front panel and a bunch of through hole barrel connectors.  One box has
each of my amplifiers coming to a connector from the back.  The other box
has each of my HF antennas and a dummy load coming to a connector from
the back.

The two boxes are placed next to each other and I simply jumper across
from an amplifier on one panel to an antenna on the other box.  The thing
I like about it is that there is no way to connect two amps to the same
antenna or vice versa.  Also, the antennas are isolated in both the
center conductors and the shields.  That might make a difference if any
of your antennas are not well decoupled.

It is also very easy to do a quick disconnect if a lightning storm comes
up suddenly.

The other advantage is that it is very straight forward and hard for
guest ops to mess up in a contest!!!!!

73/Mike, N7ML