[TowerTalk] Cushcraft parts help vs new Force 12 warc antenna

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Cushcraft parts help vs new Force 12 warc antenna
From: n2tk@idsi.net (Tony Kazmakites)
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 1999 19:25:54 -0500
A few months ago I filled out the paperwork on Cushcraft's web site for
parts info. No answer yet. Thursday afternoon I faxed a request for pricing
and delivery for traps for my A3WS. Maybe I will hear from them next week.
Has anyone found a way to get quick response from Cushcraft for parts? Their
non-human phone system does not help.

Don't know what happened to my A3WS with the 30m add on kit. Maybe I took a
lightning hit last week or maybe it was caused by shunt feeding the tower on
160m? But, 17 and 30m now have infinite swr and are very quiet. I only run
barefoot on warc, so not sure what happened. I'm assuming that one or both
TM traps are bad as 12m still has same resonate point and swr curve.

So, if I can't get parts from Cushcraft I will replace the antenna. Looking
at the Force 12 WARC antenna. I have had experiences with the Force 12
10-20m antennas and I am very pleased with the setup, ease of construction
and how well they performed. Below 20m they use linear loading. I am
wondering how much trouble it is to set up. I don't want to keep titling
over the tower to make many adjustments. I would appreciate any comments,
especially on the WARC antenna setup.
Tnx
Tony N2TK