[TowerTalk] TowerTalk] HyGain v. Yaesu

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] TowerTalk] HyGain v. Yaesu
From: mlevine@compsol.net (Dr. Mark Levine)
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 1999 11:53:51 -0500
While I do not have any Yaesu rotors, I do have a T2X HyGain in the
following configuration:
        I am 20 miles due west of Newington CT at 750 ft elevation (ASL)
        60 ft Rohn 45g mounted on a pin in 3x3x4 ft 3000lb concrete
        torsion bars and 3/16" steel guys at 30 ft and 60 ft out to same
size concrete
        T2X (all original) mounted inside tower 8 ft from top.
        (2) TB3's one inside tower; one at the top
        20 ft 1/4" wall, 2.5in OD(I think) mast
        @ 62 ft Force 12 EF240/420 (30ft 3" boom 2 44ft 40m el, 4 20m el)
        @ 68 ft Force 12 model 4-BA (12 el 10/12/15/17m) (24 ft boom)

Other than putting the "set" screw through the rotor mast (It turned 90
degrees in the wind without it). I have not had any trouble with up to 70
mph winds and New England ice storms (except  for the poor design of the
spreader assembly which we modified -no thanks to F-12). I think the 2
thrust bearings remove most of the downward pressure on the rotor. The
control box is stock, except for the conversion over to digital readout.
Have been lucky or is this just a good setup? Installer was Matt KC1XX to
whom I am very thankful.