[TowerTalk] Building a tower

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Building a tower
From: k1ttt@berkshire.net (David Robbins)
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 1999 13:26:47 +0000
i wouldn't trust it higher than about 10'... maybe 20' if you use lots
of bracing and guying.  both toprail and conduit are fairly soft steel
and easily bent (in the case of conduit thats by design).  toprail is
meant to be supported every 10' or so and even at that you have
undoubtedly seen places where it gets bent from someone climbing over
it.

--
David Robbins K1TTT (ex KY1H)
k1ttt@berkshire.net   or   robbins@berkshire.net