[TowerTalk] US Towers MA-550 Tubular Tower

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] US Towers MA-550 Tubular Tower
From: KW4DA@home.com (Dave Anderson)
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 1999 22:00:56 -0500
Hello All,

I need some advice and/or suggestions on what I should do.  I live in
one of those places where towers are not allowed.  I essentially live in
a forest however with 50 to 65 foot trees all around my property.  I
have a space in the rear yard that I could erect a MA-550 tower with a
small TH-3 beam or something on it.  My idea is to disguise it to look
like a Poplar tree (I have lots of these trees) since this type of tree
is straight as an arrow.  I feel it will fade into the forest if it
looks like one of the other trees in the yard.

Here's my question.  What if anything has anyone used to disguise a
tower and beam with paint and plastic vegetation?  Most fake flowers and
plants use some kind of wire internal support.  If used in moderation,
will the effect of these wires effect beam performance?  I would
appreciate it very much if anyone has any suggestions, except to move of
course.

73'

Thanks in Advance,

Dave, KW4DA