[TowerTalk] Orion rotator application note

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Orion rotator application note
From: km1h@juno.com (km1h@juno.com)
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 17:59:08 -0500

On Mon, 22 Mar 1999 15:45:02 EST TexasRF@aol.com writes:

>Learned the hard way: If you want to lock a bolt/nut you MUST use a
>jam nut.
>The cost is peanuts and it works every time without fail.

Agreed.

But after 40+ years playing around with BIG horsepower autos I feel that
stainless is one of the worse materials to use under conditions of high
stress and torque.

Instead, consider the higher SAE bolt grades and plain old galvanizing
for extreme condx such as coastal areas.
Yes it will require periodic checking, and replacement. There is no such
thing as a free lunch.

73  Carl  KM1H

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]