[TowerTalk] Rohn 25 vs 45 ?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rohn 25 vs 45 ?
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 1999 20:23:14 EDT
In a message dated 99-04-06 01:31:10 EDT, km1h@juno.com writes:

> One procedure that I do use that I rarely see mentioned is the use of a
>  transit for erection.  I'll spend that extra hour or two getting
>  everything absolutely vertical and as close to equal guy tension as I
>  can.

      Unfortunately a transit requires a moderate learning curve and money
for rental. TIA-222 specs say that you can be out three inches in 100 feet
and you can eyeball it that close. While I've used a bubble level many times,
if you can get ahold of an electronic level (good to a tenth of a degree!) or
a level for dish installations (1/4 degrees) - use it to plumb the bottom
section. Then you can sight up the face and plumb the rest of the tower
visually; it'll be pretty darned close. Or use  the aforementioned levels to
plumb each set of guys. Either way is good enough for me.

Cheers,   Steve   K7LXC
Tower Tech