[TowerTalk] Tower Identification

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tower Identification
From: millscl@msx.upmc.edu (Mills, Chuck)
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 1999 22:58:13 -0400
Many thanks to everyone who responded to my questions about the Rohn 25G
tower.  I can say now that it
is more than likely NOT a Rohn and doesn't look like any of the ham towers
currently out there.

The township won't grant a building permit without documentation that the
manufacturer's specs are being met.

Has anyone had experience with the Glenn Martin Rooftop towers?  Considering
my house is on top of a hill and
the fact the I only desire to have a moderate sized beam (Cuschcraft A3S or
A4S) and maybe stacking a 2m/440mhz quad on top, that might work for me.
This would save the cost and aggravation of erecting a tower since a
building permit is not required for this and I could use my house as the
"tower".  Any positve or negative experiences going this route?

Thanks again...73, Chuck / W3YNI
http://www.qsl.net/w3yni