[TowerTalk] Tower Identification

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tower Identification
From: w7ni@teleport.com (Stan Griffiths)
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 1999 11:59:59 -0700
I am a Rohn dealer and I could not  verify if his tower was Rohn or not so he
could not get anything from me to prove it.  There have been many "Rohn
look-alikes" over the years and some are pretty good copies.  Rohn puts no
identifying marks on any of their regular sections that I have ever found.
They do stamp part numbers on shelves, some top plates, and some bases.  I
think they leave the identity off of the sections intentionally so it will be
much harder to implicate them in a tower failure lawsuit . . .  I seriously
doubt you can get any help on this from Rohn.  They would LOVE for you to
purchase a new tower so what is in it for them to help you identify the old
one?

I would like to hear about it if they actually give you any help . . .

Stan  w7ni@teleport.com