[TowerTalk] R.V. antennas

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] R.V. antennas
From: basalop@gte.net (Jim Berry)
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 21:59:25 -0700

Reminds me of the time I was messing around with my rice box.  Needed an
antenna so I could get on 40 meters.  Think I stuck a 65/67 foot hunk of
wire into the the antenna outlet and the SWR was right down there and the
radio put out it's 100 watts.  A simple hunk of wire, the right length, will
often out perform any mobile antenna.  I would suggest it's use only when
you are parked though HI  Radio a bit hot because of RF?  Another 1/4 wave
hunk of wire hooked to the chassis will most likely solve that problem.

73 Jim K7SLI