[TowerTalk] Engineering approach to RF grounding

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Engineering approach to RF grounding
From: 74237.2073@compuserve.com (James W. Fisher, Jr.)
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 1999 09:08:54 -0400
JAA11007
Sender: owner-towertalk@contesting.com

Thanks for the thoughtful discussion, Keith.  This thread is exactly the
reason I love to read TowerTalk.  If there are any contrary viewpoints on
various aspects of your statements I am sure they will emerge and receive
expert and hopefully cordial discussion.  For my purposes, it was very
helpful as I plan my summer's work on a major revision of my antenna, SPOE
and related systems.  I'm going to print it out and keep it in my
PolyPhaser book.

Although it was not intended to be as wide-ranging as your treatment, I am
reminded of ON4UN's article on ground reflection radials, current return
radials, etc. for vertical antennas in CQ Contest a couple of years back.
It finally clarified for me a couple of the different purposes served by
radial systems, and I've been reading just about every ham magazine for the
past 40 years.

Jim, VE1JF