[TowerTalk] Yaesu G1000SDX Rotor parts/support

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Yaesu G1000SDX Rotor parts/support
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 10:35:42 +0100
At 05:43 AM 4/19/99 -0400, Jack wrote:

>I currently have one G1000SDX and love it . Thinking about replacing the
>Tailtwister with a second one, but recently heard of someone waiting 5
>months for a replacement position pot, and am wondering if anyone else
>has had similar experience? That's one nice thing about HyGain...parts
>are readily available from Norm, CATS, or HyGain...but as far as I know
>you can only go to Yaesu for

Could be worse, Jack - Create's US distributor went belly-up last year, and
now there's NO source for parts, as far as I know.

I have had excellent parts support for my G-1000sdx on two recent orders -
an AC power switch for the control box and the dial light bulb for same.
On the latter, because the part cost was under $2, Yaesu sent it to me
gratis.  Both orders were filled within a day of my placing the order,
which I did by e-mail in one case and by phone in another.

That being said, if they happen to be out of stock, the factory is a long
way away.  The light bulb was an odd axial-lead job, and I didn't find
anything similar in Mouser.

73, Pete Smith N4ZR
n4zr@contesting.com

Loud is.