[TowerTalk] Rust in Tower Electrical Parts

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rust in Tower Electrical Parts
From: Dick Green" <dick.green@valley.net (Dick Green)
Date: Fri, 7 May 1999 22:52:45 -0400
> housing.  Removed,  and sure enough,  one of the capacitor
> terminals was rusted clean away and the housing insides,
> full of rust flakes!

This may not apply to your case, but I heard that on the older models of
this tower the manufacturer did not put weep holes in the capacitor housing.
It would fill up with water from condensation and eventually destroy the
capacitor and/or its leads. I believe all the newer models have the weep
holes. Of course, in lovely HI, it might be so humid that weep holes alone
won't do the job!

73, Dick, WC1M