[TowerTalk] C3 extra element for 10 meters

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] C3 extra element for 10 meters
From: force12e@lightlink.com (Natan Huffman)
Date: Sat, 8 May 1999 15:50:23 -0400
TowerTalkians,

A recent post to the group asking about a "modification" to our C3 has
elicited some responses including one from I4JMY that suggested the
following:

>"Giving some customers what they want avoiding to promise or claim any
>substantial performance change is the correct behavior."

In order that no confusion exists, please consider the following:

We have recently began to offer a C3E kit for anyone who wishes to increase
the 10 meter performance on any C3.  This kit involves a reflector for 10
meters that is added at a precise location on the boom.  Modeling indicates
an increase in forward gain of about 1dB and a significant increase in f/b,
of the precise magnitude you would expect.  After field testing for over 2
years, and after verifying that field  testing showed at least the
improvements
indicated by ACCURATE modeling, we only then decided to bring the product to
market.

Anyone can now order this kit from us.  Our new catalog, about to be
released will have information about the kit as well as the new C3E which
includes the reflector.

It has never been our intent to mislead anyone about the specifications of
our products nor have we ever knowingly done so.  We will continue, as we
have in the past,  to provide conservative accurate representation of our
products specifications.

See you in Dayton.

73

Natan W6XR/2