[TowerTalk] Re: Don Stoner, W6TNS now an SK

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: Don Stoner, W6TNS now an SK
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 09:31:38 EDT

<< Don Stoner, W6TNS recently passed away of a brain aneurism, at a hospital
 in Florida, where he and his wife Lucy have been spending the last few
 winters in their condo.  He was 67.

 Don, a longtime DX'er, and former editor of CQ, was a highly talented and
 imaginative engineer, inventor, businessman, author, devoted father and
 husband, and all around good guy.  In recent years he's been a champion of
 the rights of home and condo dwellers to erect antennas, and was a maverick
 in home automation systems.  >>

       I just got this sad news. Don was very influential to many of us
getting our licenses in the 50's and 60's when he was writing for Popular
Electronics. He was always a couple of steps ahead of the crowd with his
vision. dit-dit-dit dah-di-dah.

Cheers,   Steve   K7LXC