[TowerTalk] Hy-Gain, responsibility shifted

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Hy-Gain, responsibility shifted
From: gdaught6@leland.Stanford.EDU (George T. Daughters)
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 13:54:19 +0008

Hi all,

WA9ALS wrote...

> I'm lost.  I thought we heard awhile back that Telex towers was now part of
> Force 12?  Furthermore, I called Force 12 several weeks ago, and they said
> they would send brochures on antennas AND towers "when they are available",
> and I am still waiting.

Let me help clear it up.  Force-12 has acquired (I think:  it
depended on some final approval by boards-of-directors, and such) the
AMATEUR tower business of TRI-EX (NOT Telex!).  I personally visited
Force-12's factory a couple of weeks ago, showing interest in a
Tri-Ex tower.  I was told that they were doing an inventory even as
we spoke, and that literature was being ordered.  I'm sure they are
busting their posteriors to get stuff ready for Dayton.  I too, was
told, "we'll send the brochures as soon as they are available."

I'm waiting until the post-Dayton dust settles, then I'll push a bit
harder if necessary to get TRI-EX tower info.

73,
George T. Daughters, K6GT