[TowerTalk] Hy-Gain, responsibility shifted

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Hy-Gain, responsibility shifted
From: notawc@juno.com (notawc@juno.com)
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 16:46:23 -0400

On Wed, 12 May 1999 08:13:08 EDT N0OEL@aol.com writes:

> I am seeing the MFJ bashing starting here and I cannot blame those
> that do.
> MFJ has quality control that sometimes reminds one of the Bowery
> Boys!
> But take a look at Mirage and Ameritron both of which was purchased
> some
> years ago by MFJ.   I think the MFJ leadership has been smart not to
> fool
> around with the
> quality control of those companies and Mirage and Ameritron has been
>
> continued with the good quality control and fine products they made
> before
> the MFJ buyouts.

I disagree if I may. The original Ameritron amps when owned by Prime
Instruments had a great name, top QC and no compromise on parts.
Take an AL1200 for instance  made by both regimes and compare the parts
quality.

MFJ still stands for Mississippi's Finest Junk IMO. You can conjure up
your own version..

> Have heart.   Give them a chance.    Hygain might have bit the dust.
>    Maybe
> the
> buyout by MFJ could be the best thing that could happen!

Well, if you go by prior performance I again disagree. Mirage quality has
gone down so bad it dont even register.
If they continue selling previous stock rotator parts it may be OK...just
get them fast before they start looking for "other" sources.

Cheers  Norm
 73
> Mike
> K0BUD

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]