[TowerTalk] Replacement cable for crankups

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Replacement cable for crankups
From: mcduffie@scottsbluff.net (Gary McDuffie, Sr.)
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 18:02:57 -0600
On Tue, 11 May 1999 14:16:01 -0600, Gary McDuffie, Sr. wrote:

> The cable itself is galvanized aircraft cable (3/16").  As I said above,
> I can find all kinds of AC cable, but did not run into galvanized.  Does
> anyone know where this can be purchased reasonably?

OK, I found some at a contractors supply house.  After looking at it, I
think the rest of the stuff offered by the other stores was probably
galvanized also, just not marked that way.  Price is .42/ft plus .50
each for the crimps.  Finding someone to do the crimp is another story.
It seems many places don't do it anymore because of liability.  I'm
still looking.

Thanks to those who replied.

Gary
--
Please notify me immediately if you don't receive this.