[TowerTalk] Rohn small orders and Thrust bearings

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rohn small orders and Thrust bearings
From: wmunro@lava.net (warren munro)
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 11:43:13 -1000
Hi gang:  I was unable to get any Rohn dealers to order me 2 of the BX
series mast clamps (too small an order, not worth it, Rohn minimum too
high, etc.) so I found that Glen Martin Engineering (the Hazer tower
people) sells a good equivalent (MC-10 Mast adapter) for $25 plus shipping.
Ordered 2 durectly, received 3 days later by UPS to Honolulu and it is a
fine sturdy unit with 4 centering bolts and 4 mounting bolts.

They included data on their TB-25 thrust bearing which sells for about the
same as the Rohn TB-3 (both for nominal 2" masts).  The TB-25 looks like a
good unit and will hold up to 800 pound max (the data sheet says).

Has anyone looked at or installed the Glen Martin TB-25 thrust bearing ?

Thanks for comments,  Warren   KH6WM   kh6wm@arrl.net