[TowerTalk] Dipoles on rotating tubular tower?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Dipoles on rotating tubular tower?
From: jreid@aloha.net (Jim Reid)
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 1999 09:16:58 -1000

Hans wondered:

> Has any of the assembled gurus figured out a way to suspend the
> center of a dipole from rotating towers such as the US Tower MA-550?

Well,  I threw a rope up over the boom of my beam with the
550 cranked down.  Was able to get the rope very near
the center of the boom at the top of the 550.

Pulled about 8 feet of rope down from the top,  at which point
I tied the center insulator of my  30/40/80 meter parallel
dipoles.   Seemed to work fine.  As the 550 rotates,  the rope
swings a bit,  but with the slack,  it seems to wrap/unwrap
just fine as the tower goes either CW or CCW,  no problem.

Not elegant or anything,  but worked,  hi.

73,  Jim,  KH7M (not one of the guru!)