[TowerTalk] Dipoles on rotating tubular tower?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Dipoles on rotating tubular tower?
From: ka2d@optonline.net (Tom Carrubba KA2D)
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 1999 05:44:41 +0100
Hans,

I have a Wilson TT45 tubular tower with a US Tower MARB. This setup
rotates the entire TT45.

I mounted a thrust bearing to my mast. Using one of the mounting holes
of the thrust bearing, I made a small arm made from galvanized angle
stock from the local Home Depot extending about 2 feet from the tower
with a pulley at the outer end of the angle stock  so I can raise and
lower my 80/40/30 meter inverted Vee Dipole.  I use two ropes fixed to
the same thrust bearing mounting hole which is secured to the back
fence. This prevents the thrust bearing from rotating with the tower.
All OK since 1990.

This also makes it very easy to raise or lower the dipole whenever you
need to lower or raise the tower due to wind conditions.

I hope this helps. GL

Tom KA2D