[TowerTalk] Re: tuning M2's 40m1L antenna

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: tuning M2's 40m1L antenna
From: jonk@jskent.com (Jonathan Kaplan)
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 1999 15:22:04 -0700
TO:
Pat, Phil, Dennis, Don, Jay,Joe, Guy, Eric, Bill, Bruce, Larry, Dale and
Terry,

Well, I spoke this morning to someone at M2 (Mike was on vacation), and they
confirmed that their balun shouldn't be reading 100ohms. They are in the
process of making 1:1 baluns this week and will send me a replacement. BTW,
they also said that at 7-10ft height, the SWR should be about 2.5-3.0:1,
definitely not 4-5:1, which indictaes a short or open.

I'll confirm any difference in performance when I receive the replacement.
Thank you all again for your time and effort in helping me solve this
problem.