[TowerTalk] Securing Coax to Rohn HDBX tower

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Securing Coax to Rohn HDBX tower
From: egwolfjr@earthlink.net (E. Glenn Wolf, Jr.)
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 08:58:26 -0500
Folks,

I have had a HDBX-48 up for about 4 years and I had secured the coax to the
outside leg of the tower with black tie wraps.  Over the past 4 weeks I have
had a number of the tie wraps break and fall to the ground.

I wrapped the tower leg with tape to take away the "edge" that the legs
before putting on the tie wrap.  I opted for tie wraps instead of tape.

My question:  Is this the "normal" life for tie wraps?  Is there a better
way to secure coax to the tower?  Using wire instead, maybe? I don't like
the tape method but may go back to it.

Any advice will be appreciated -

Thanks,

E. Glenn Wolf, Jr.