[TowerTalk] Another Phillystran question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Another Phillystran question
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 22:52:03 EDT
In a message dated 99-07-28 19:31:43 EDT, ctj92@primenet.com writes:

> How does Phillystran hold up as far as sagging go under icing conditions?  I
>  wouldn't want an ice storm to render my installation 'guyless'.

     Same as any other guy material, more or less. Since it has the same
breaking strength as equivalent sizes of EHS, it isn't any more or less prone
to sagging than EHS.

      Phillystran Preformed grips should be installed with end sleeves also
known as ice caps. They prevent accidental grip unravelling as ice travels
down the guy to the anchor.

Cheers,   Steve   K7LXC