[TowerTalk] Lightning protection

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Lightning protection
From: philk5pc@tyler.net (Phil Clements)
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 16:47:14 -0500
>Does anyone have any experience with these devices and/or am I just behind
the curve on this?

>Terry/N6CW

I recently installed one of these in the breaker panel in my new
hamshack building. It is a Powermaster from Mouser Electronics.
(stock # 554-WH1) It has a red LED on the front to let you know
it is doing its thing. It installs right accross the incoming 240 volt
line to the box. I also use plug-in surge protectors at each wall
outlet in the shack. When you live in "tornado alley", a belt +
suspenders approach to lightning is warranted!

Max. surge current on this unit is 26,500 amps, with  < 1 ns
response time. It protectsin both the H1-N and H2-N modes.

(((73)))
Phil, K5PC