[TowerTalk] (no subject)

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] (no subject)
From: mihry@argontech.net (Michael D. Ihry)
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 1999 18:38:40 -0500

By the way, Lowes here sells 3 conductor #14 (3
conductors + ground) for about $22 per 250 feet.
If you parallel two of these you can get the eight
wires you need for Ham series rotor.  One
connecton to the rotor is ground so you can use
the ground conductor of one cable for that.  The
meter circuit is low voltage so you can use the
ground of the second cable for one of its leads.
Where this gets to be a real benefit cost wise is
when you go over 325 feet.  The commercial rotor
cable gets as expensive as low loss coax....

73 de Brian/K3KO