[TowerTalk] (no subject)

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] (no subject)
From: Jim" <jdc@ieway.com (Jim)
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 19:36:25 -0700
There is NO reason to have #14 wires for the direction indicator!   I use
about 500 feet of # 22 telephone wire for the indicator on my Tail Twister.
I also use # 12  or # 14 dont remember which now, for the motor and brake.
Remember that 12-3 is with ground. That's 4 wires !  You need a heavy wire
for terminal 1, (Gnd) (Use the bare for this) .......2, (Brake)......  5,
(CW motor)........ and 6, (CCW motor).  I also have the cap at the base of
the tower.

I run the UF from the shack to the base of the tower, then heavy  duty rotor
cable from the base to the rotor that is 100 feet from the base of the
tower. I have no trouble turning the Tail Twister in the wind or the extreme
cold.

Good luck! and 73!

Jim W7RY