[TowerTalk] Small Beam Opinions

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Small Beam Opinions
From: N0OEL@aol.com (N0OEL@aol.com)
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 17:56:14 EDT
Hi Scott!    I have been asked the question of what to put on a chimney many
times
and let me pass along my my best choices for Minnesota type weather:

Hygain TH3 or TH3Jr
Butternut HF5B MiniQuad  (tough to tune but works)
Mosley TA-33Jr
Cushcraft A-3

Dont know which bands you intend to work or what surrounding trees or
buildings you have (helps protect from windload on the mast on a light
mount).   Use the
antenna with the least windload for light installations and take a hard look
at what kind of low band work you will be facing.   I have seen all of the
above used
under various situations.    Price and windload.......and gain........its
your call!

73
Mike
K0BUD