[TowerTalk] Offset of Vertical Antennas From Tower

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Offset of Vertical Antennas From Tower
From: wa4dou@excite.com (wa4dou@excite.com)
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 20:28:54 PDT
Hi Robin,
  Strictly speaking, the greatest distance you can stand the antenna off the
side of the tower is the necessary distance to minimize the towers effects.
Still, the antenna is somewhat influenced and thus directional. I think 4-6
ft. is usually appropriate to 150 and 450 mhz. On 10 meters, 8 ft. wouldn't
be too much but might be hard to do.
  73 Roy Lincoln WA4DOU