[TowerTalk] 80m 4 square question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 80m 4 square question
From: n2tk@idsi.net (Tony kazmakites)
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 1999 15:11:13 -0400
I have an elevated feed 80m 4 square. The "vertical" wires go from the
feedpoint to the top of an 80' tower. The wires are about 55 degrees above
horizontal. My question for those that have and know how to run antenna
modeling programs, how bad am I detracting from low angle signals compared
to going with true verticals?
It would be difficult for me to try to make the wires vertical part way up
then bend towards the tower. It would be easier to put up either shortened
verticals or possibly full size verticals than to try to get rope to pull
the wires vertical.
I am in the process of having 4 - 1/4 wave radials at each feedpoint, which
averages about 10' above ground.
Tnx for any feedback
Tony
N2TK