[TowerTalk] To Pin!

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] To Pin!
From: w0hh@grapevine.net (Tom Champlin)
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 1999 18:57:30 -0500
I have always pinned with my Yaesu G2800SDX. The clamshells show no
signs of wear or cracking. I have done this with my 20M4 (114lbs). and
then I took that down and went to an X9 (85lbs) I use a heavy .25 mast
that is 15'. In a super strong wind, if the antenna moves a bit on the
mast, I just turn the unit on and the indicator goes right to where the
antenna is pointing. I did learn not to turn the dc motor voltage up to
24v and spin the beam like a top and to be more patient with the rotor
as I lost a motor winding awhile back. I do believe that certain rotors
should not be pinned, however.
73, Tom W0HH