[TowerTalk] Antenna weight on rotator

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Antenna weight on rotator
From: philk5pc@tyler.net (Phil Clements)
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 1999 08:53:00 -0500
I do not believe you can make a blanket statement like that.
I do not buy for one minute that pressure on the rotor is needed
for sealing, or any reason. The use of two thrust bearings is ideal,
as this removes ALL weight and keeps the mast centered in high
winds.

IMHO, the less work a rotor is required to do, the longer it will last.

(((73)))
Phil, K5PC