[TowerTalk] Non Resonant Guy Wire Lengths

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Non Resonant Guy Wire Lengths
From: w9xx@iquest.net (Phil Howlett)
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 18:04:05 -0000
Sometime back, K4VX published a study in one of the mags concerning a study
he'd done as to the value in breaking up guy wires with insulators. His
results indicated no value in adding insulators, just use continuous guy
wires.

With that thought in mind, I use no insulators with two Rohn 58ft foldover
towers and don't see any problems with apparent aerial patterns (tribander
on one tower & 4 band WARAC/40M on the other) or SWR. One tower has
insulators at the guy wire junction with the tower so that it can be shunt
fed on 80M with excellent results, but the guy wires are otherwise
continuous to the earth.

I figured K4VX knows more about these things in a minute than I'll know the
rest of my life, and I think he's right.

73,  W9XX
----- Original Message ----- From: <W4nf@aol.com>