[TowerTalk] guying question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] guying question
From: k8bk@speedconnect.com (Barry Martz)
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 1999 07:59:56 -0400
Hi all

I am getting set to put a new antenna on my Rohn tower.  I was thinking
about making some changes to the guy
wires before I install the antenna.  I would like to know what, if any,
would make much difference.  Let me first say
I noticed very little if any SWR change when rotating my TH6DXX.  I usually
run slopers off the tower also with limited success.

I have a 75' rohn tower with two sets of guy wires  (73' and 37').  Guys
come off the tower for about 8' to the insulator, then about 25' to the
second insulator.

1.  I want to drop the top guy wires down to about the middle of the top
section to allow more room to work on rotor and to get them away from the
antenna a little more.

2.  Should the guys be broken up more then I have them at this time
(8'/25')?

3.  I was thinking of running about 20-30 feet of Phillystran off the top
and then the regular guy wire from there down.  Would that be usefull or
only if I use Phillystran all the way?

Thanks for any suggestions

Barry/K8BK

3.